Thursday, June 26, 2014

Doctor of the Mind and Hearts (DW)

Part II of the poem I wrote for River/Eleven. Thought River deserved a say!

(A companion piece to Songs of Fate and Future)


Poem by: Clara Pond

A person who's not done yet, 
A picture without a name.
Ever since you saved me,
Nothing can be the same.

So long I have lived with 
The immortality you lovingly gave.
Yet, though I can live forever,
Life with you is all I crave.

I've seen you travel with Clara,
Across the vast and distant stars.
Showing her the wonders
I once heard you call ours.

I wanted deeply to hold you 
When you ascended to your cloud.
But alas, I could not reach you,
My wishes were not allowed.

I was cheered you found another 
(Though she can never replace me).
Someone who can understand you, 
And with brand new eyes can see.

I've traced you across the Universes, 
Your majestic trips and stops.
Many creatures have seen so much, 
But your sights all of their's tops.

Even with your new companion, 
I felt from my watch something wrong.
A force seemed to shadow you, 
Guiding your TARDIS along.

Then came the meeting of Vastra, 
When I talked to Clara finally.
She just looked so confused,
The little girl I used to be.

And when I saw the chance, I took it,
Able to stay with your friend.
I helped her move you along, 
On the planet of your end.

Even though I was convinced 
You'd never hear my cry,
I said you shouldn't jump,
Dear Doctor, you can't fly.

You really had my fooled.
I was sure you couldn't know.
Then you turn around and talked,
Which made my hard heart glow.

Then you knew I was watching over
In your times of fear and doubt?
How could you have ignored me,
With your tears, your laughs and shouts?

Oh, my Doctor, I'm so sorry
That my image carries pain.
But is there no good feeling 
In seeing my face again?

I heartily received 
The first kiss I'd had in years.
In those precious moments, 
You erased my every fear.

"So long, Professor Song," You said. 
"Until the next time we do meet."
In my head I added
That I'd sweep you off your feet.

And off you went, still running,
Right into the killing power.
While I know you would succeed, 
All my happiness turned sour.

At least you tried to sway me 
Into thinking you'd come back.
But deep inside I sensed your ending, 
When your vision'd fade to black.

After that event, I still watched,
Just as I am doing now.
Though my view is a bit blurry, 
With the tears that're falling down.

The yellow warmth is coming,
Something that nits us close together.
You get another regeneration, 
I hope this time the heartache's better.

I've sent to you this one last vision,
My mother who we lost long ago.
I hope she'll guide you safely, 
That your every cut she'll sew.

I would've sent myself, 
But I know you feel me there.
My teardrops plinking quickly, 
Grievances filling the air.

Clara, I hope you have the strength 
To deal with a whole other man.
Just remember he's the Doctor,
And I know protect him you can.

Doctor, I pray that you remember 
A young girl called River Song.
Who you changed for the better,
Shaping her her whole life long.

Most of all, I ask you both
To keep on traveling hand in hand.
Teaching more like me 
How to act and make a stand.

No comments:

Post a Comment