Saturday, August 16, 2014

Hey Dean


Hullo! Clara Pond, at your service! Well, after reading all of Emily and Leslie's wonderful parodies, I felt the urge to write one myself and came up with this Supernatural-themed parody of The Beatles' "Hey Jude" (if you didn't already know that The Beatles wrote "Hey Jude," shame on you - and if you've never heard one of the most amazing songs ever, then I'm just so, so sorry. LOOK IT UP. NOW. I suppose there must be a time in everyone's life where they don't know who The Beatles were - but luckily I've managed to block those depressing years out of my mind). 

After I wrote this, I also found a Hey Cas/Hey Dean parody of "Hey Jude" which every Destiel shipper should promptly look up on their most convenient Internet browser. It's awesome. And I'm not surprised that this song has already been parodied by the SPN fandom - I actually started associating the song with Dean right after the start of Season 2 (unsure boy who has to grow up fast and really needs some encouragement - hmm - who does that remind me of?), but only now have I managed to write the parody. 

And now, without any further ado, my humble parody, spoiler-free!


Hey Dean, scream, shout or yell,
Please just tell me what's going on.
Remember to let me into your heart,
Before you fall apart, let me make this better.

Hey Dean, I've known pain too,
It's not just you who feels so alone.
You know that I'm always here, rain or shine,
Brother of mine, I'll make this better.

And anytime you feel Life's pain, hey Dean, refrain,
Don't carry my world upon your shoulders.
And can't you see that it's a fool who plays it cool
By making his world a little colder?

Hey Dean, just let it go,
I don't know how you've lived this long.
Remember, I'm younger than you, not blind,
And I'll find a way to make this better.

So let it out and let it in, hey Dean, begin,
You're waiting for everything to end.
But don't you know things won't fall through, hey Dean, it's true,
I'll always be here, right by your shoulder.

Hey Dean, all hope's not gone,
Though you're fond of seeing it that way.
Remember I'll always think you're the best,
You can pass this test, we'll make it better.

(Then feel free to add in as many "Na Na" parts as you deem necessary, and it's done!)

No comments:

Post a Comment