Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Pinocchio (SPN)

Clara Pond, here, with another SPN poem for you all! As Emily loves to boast, I've been completely sucked into the Supernatural fandom. I mean, how could I not be? It's just so awesome! Anyway, this is a poem I wrote for the... well, let's say "new" Sammy, at the beginnings of Season 6. If you haven't seen Season 6, SPOILERS AHEAD!


Poem by: Clara Pond

(Cover, as always, by Emily Ecrivaine)

(Based on the Supernatural episode Clap Your Hands If You Believe)

They say I'm not human,
Without a feeling heart.
Robotic, monster, freak,
They don't know where to start.

But they don't understand,
The freedom the soulless gain.
True, I'm not one of them,
But I don't care to be the same.

Pinocchio doesn't want to be
A real boy anymore.
Because now he's figured out
What new things are in store.

He can do such evil deeds
That he used to dread and fear.
But now he's finally seen the light,
Knows how the darkness is so near.

Why should he care for others,
When all they do is crawl and hide?
They're weak, like he once was,
Before he took a little Hell ride.

The soul is such a heavy thing,
It makes us cry and laugh and love.
But the pain it came with burned,
Made me pray to The Lord above.

Now that Lucifer's set me free,
It's him I should thank every night.
For ending old Sammy's torture,
For ending dear Sam's brutal fight.

Those feelings are the curse we bear
As God's most loved playthings.
He likes to watch our struggles,
See the feelings his decision brings.

The decision was to give us hurt
In the form of a wretched soul.
It made me care for brother Dean so,
And in my heart he burned a hole.

It grew with each time I saw him die,
Or loathe me, or scream out hate.
Every time he wasn't the one I knew,
When he started to follow his Fate.

But now that hole is gone,
Filled up with all my hunting dreams.
Because Sam no longer cares
About the innocent's dying screams.

And that 'bond of family'
Was cut along with my caring.
My life is my own,
And I'm not interesting in sharing.

No comments:

Post a Comment