Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Clap (parody of 'Applause')


I’ve heard that people are supposed to change with time
But whoever first said that hadn’t seen a life like mine
I don’t mean to sound rude but I already know
What I’m supposed to be and I don’t need to grow

I’ve got life figured out, no need to shout
I’m confident and not plagued with any semblance of doubt
So put up your hands and cheer for me
I’m what you all should want to be

Give me that thing that I love; your admiration!
Because I deserve it all, no fabrication!
I’m awesome and I know it, no exaggeration!
There’s no way you can top this; no replication

O-M-G E-G-O what’s that you’re saying?
I’m just a fame addict? Well that’s ignorant braying
Clearly you don’t understand what I’ve been saying
Your lack of faith is extremely dismaying

Perhaps you’re just a critic because you’re jealous
I’m sorry you feel that way but I can’t turn this off
One second at the bottom, next moment at the top
I am such perfection why should I ever choose to stop?

I live for the applause, so give me pause
You know I’m worth your time you’d be worthless without me
Adulation affirmation
Because you know I’m great, not late

I am the definition of egotistic
Now don’t you all just believe that I am perfect?
So won’t you pursue me? Your only object?
Your mission is worship me, now do you accept?

O-M-G E-G-O I am amazing
You’re clapping and cheering for me, so affirming
You’ve fed the beast and now I’m slowly mutating
Into a monster of fame, I’m the greatest thing

Since sliced bread
Ooh-ooh-ooh-hoo
Ooh-ooh-ooh-hoo

Ooh-ooh-ooh-hoo

Ooh-ooh


I live for the applause; it is my cause
To be the primadonna that you all want more of
I almost break all the mirrors, and blind cameras
Because I’m so bright and so ultra glamorous

O-M-G E-G-O But I deserve it
I don’t understand why you’re all in a snit
O-V-E-R-T-H-E-T-O-P
Down’s the only way that you can go from the top

No comments:

Post a Comment