Friday, July 4, 2014

Flying


Poem by: Clara Pond

Flying and
Flying and 
No I'll never let go.
Flying and
Flying and 
I've got nothing left so...

Beat my wings 
Made from fear,
Take me away 
From all those near.

Show me a new life 
Where no one sees me,
I'm just a shadow 
Then I'll be truly free.

Higher and higher 
Those warm lights so cold,
I've left the flock 
Without a hand to hold.

Forever I dreamed
Of my escape,
The wind my boat
Turned away from hate.

Oh how they hurt me 
I bleed day in and out,
The others just stared
Enjoying my red shouts.

But when I thought 
My hope was gone,
Feathers then grew 
Full wings by dawn.

I laughed as I ran
The wind blowing fast,
The currents my ocean
My core my mast.

And now I am doing 
What I always saw,
Diving in my flight 
My wings without flaw.

Oh no, I'm not worried 
About where I'll land,
Because on solid ground 
I'll never again stand.

I'll die on my journey 
Which will never end,
In death I'll just fly 
To Heaven instead.

Flying and
Flying and 
No I'll never let go.
Flying and
Flying and 
I've got nothing left so...

No comments:

Post a Comment