Monday, July 28, 2014

Gabriel's Last Plea (SPN)


Poem by: Clara Pond

(The cover is by (need I even say it at this point?) Emily Ecrivaine.) 

(Poem based on the Supernatural episode Hammer of the Gods)

We are all God's children,
These humans share so much with us.
But you want to hurt our siblings, 
Turn them into ash and dust. 

Tell me, big brother, please,
What have these people done to you? 
They were barely born
When from Heaven's sky you flew. 

How can you claim they are petty 
When all you feel is jealousy? 
They, too, have scars and honor,
How different can they truly be? 

And I side with our Father 
In saying they're better than the Host. 
They can feel so much more,
Mourning each and every ghost. 

Forgiveness isn't easy, but,
They manage to find it, unlike we. 
Their love for each other binds them, 
Even blinds them, so they can't see. 

You can say they've destroyed each other,
But, dear brother, we've done that, too!
Angels killings angels in endless fighting, 
So gruesome that I fear I must kill you. 

You should protect your younger siblings, 
Not make sure that they die. 
Tell them of peace and right and wrong, 
Sing them to sleep with a lullaby. 

I learned all my tricks from you, 
You could've taught them marvelous things. 
But now your entrance is darkness, 
Cloaking the evil that it brings. 

I know that you'll never love them
As much as you love me. 
But, though I'll die, I have to try
And, from you, set my siblings free.

No comments:

Post a Comment